Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

THE 2010 IGENE AWARDS

((cue the Flutaphone fanfare))
 Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Live, from Abington, Ma.,
it's the 2010 IGene Awards. Let's get right to the awards, shall we?

BEST PICTURE:


 This is from my A THURSDAY ROADTRIP TO WORLD'S END . I got out
and about a lot this fall and took a lot of foliage shots. I liked this one so much
I've made it the background photo for the blog!

BEST SCREENPLAY:
A FAMILY REUNION OF SORTS

While I was picking my cast for this I envisioned how this miniseries
would open. The camera would pan in through the entrance of Mt.
Vernon Cemetery and then focus in on the various gravestones
in the General Henry Dunham family plot, and then move further
down the lane to the Cornelius T. Dunham plot, after which the
flashback to the General's story would start.

And of course this would have to be a miniseries. It has it all:. 
Captains of Industry, the Civil War, an Inventor, a Rogue,
a Hardworking Sacrificing Mother and locales from Abington to
Boston to South Carolina to Brazil.These are the actors I'd like
to see in it:

General Henry Dunham = Hugh Bonneville (from Downton Abbey)
Mary Cushing Dunham= Glenn Close
Cornelius T Dunham= Paul Giamatti
Anne Poyas Dunham= Gillian Anderson

Henry Dunham Jr =Damian Lewis
Ella Bristol=?
Andrew Jackson Dunham= Christian Bales
Mercie Florence Dunham=Laura Linney
Sarah Dunham Dorr=Elizabeth McGovern
Richard C Dorr=Aidan Quinn

Now if I could only find a producer who'd like to film it!


BEST DOCUMENTARY:
WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT MY OFFINGER ANCESTORS PTS 1&2
This bit of research is my favorite because I discovered much I hadn't known
about my maternal great great grandmother Johanna Luick and her life.

BEST BIOGRAPHY:
DIGGING UP ALEXANDER AUGUSTUS BARKER

It's always exciting to discover new relatives. Considering Alexander's
occupation, perhaps my newfound appreciation of cemeteries is a family
trait?

BEST COMEDY:
WHY I STOPPED USING FOUNTAIN PENS
The sad details of an incident in college that was so traumatic the mere
mention of the words "cartridge pen" causes me to lose track of what
I am typing....er....where was I? Oh. Yeah.

Anyway, that concludes the 2010 WEST IN NEW ENGLAND IGENE
AWARDS show. Thanks for attending!

And remember, a blog is a terrible thing to waste!

((Written for the 102nd Carnival of Genealogy))

4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Loved your iGene post. Photo adds a nice touch and your selection of Christian Bale is tops.

Carol said...

Clap, clap, clap, another wonderful show!

Kristin said...

I love that photograph! I takes me out of the city I presently live in and back to the woods and meadows of michigan.

Interesting to read the posts I missed too.

Greta Koehl said...

Love your casting - I'd definitely go see that movie!