Pages

Thursday, June 06, 2019

THE HOUGHTON AND HASKELL LINES

Next in the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks I'll be moving on to the marernal ancestors of my 2xgreat grandmother Florilla(Dunham) Ellingwood. Her mother was Sally Houghton, daughter of Moses Houghton and Martha Haskell.

The Houghton line goes back to immigrant ancestor "Ratcliffe"  Ralph Houghton and includes marriages with the Peirce and Sawyer families.Those marriages connect with many other early colonial families, primarily in Essex County, Ma.



The Haskells are connected by marriage to the Safford, Willards, Yorks and Browns, and go back to immigrant ancestor William Haskell Sr.




I've done some blogposts on members of these families some years ago and I'll be reposting some of the more interesting ones along with new posts as I go along.

No comments: