Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

ACK!

It appears Elaine my computer may be heading for a crash. One of my
younger coworkers who is wise in the ways of these matters says
it sounds like the motherboard. I shall not speak of that which I
said at that news. I'd have to wash my mouth out with soap.

So I've been busily backing up files onto my flashdrive, and last
night I did my monthly back up of this blog to it's mirror over
on Wordpress. Other than that, not much else I can do but hunker down
and hope Elaine holds out as long as possible.

Two quick reminders just in case she crashes sooner rather than later :

Don't forget to post your entry into the "Great American Local Poem " meme.
You still have a month before the Nov 22 deadline.

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Say, did you vote for
the 40 Best Genealogy Blogs yet over at FamilyTree?

OK, meanwhile, I keep chugging along for as long as Elaine holds up!

1 comment:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

My sympathy. I've lost several computers due to fried motherboards. I've found it cheaper to pick up a used laptop on ebay rather than pay to replace a motherboard.