Pages

Saturday, September 01, 2007

MOVING RIGHT ALONG....

Okay, let’s move along to other matters, shall we?


footnoteMaven has given me a “Nice Matters” award
for which I thank her and which I shall proudly display.
It was created by Genevieve Olsen of Bella Enchanted

The only trouble I have is coming up with others to give the
award to, though. Not that I can’t think of anyone nice, just
that there are so many, and then the ones I think of first
have already gotten the award.


Luckily, I’m able to give one to Tim Abbott for his thoughtful
writing on the environment and history as well as for running
his Family Archive Photo Caption Contest. He was the first of
my distant cousins I’ve discovered online and is a gentleman
and a scholar.



The records I’ve found at Footnote.com will keep me busy for
some time. My direct ancestor Jonathan Barker’s pension file is
only thirteen pages long but his brother Benjamin’s is fifty and
there are the Revolutionary War Rolls and Service Records as
well. The Pension File for Amos Hastings, another ancestor, is
thirty pages.



And I going to post it all here, or the transcriptions that is, to
share with my readers.


I can see those hits already plummeting!


Ah well, back to the genealogy mines.

1 comment:

GreenmanTim said...

I'm deeply touched Bill. In gratitude for your kindness, Tim