Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

MEME FOR REVIEW

Lori Thornton at Smoky Mountain Family Historian tagged
me with this meme:


What issues/topic interests you most--non-fiction, i.e,
cooking, knitting, stitching, thereare infinite topics that has
nothing to do with novels?

Well, history and genealogy, as well as mythology and folktales.


Would you like to review books concerning those?

Sure. In my earlier days I used to write book reviews for a few
sf fanzines.


Would you like to be paid or do it as interest or hobby?
Tell reasons for what ever you choose.


Money is always a good thing but I didn’t get paid for the
reviews I’ve done in the past so it’s not a problem.


Would you recommend those to your friends and how?

I’m a bookseller by trade. I recommend favorites and hand
sell to customers all day. I also refer some of my customers to
my blog if they have an interest in New England genealogy.


If you have already done something like this, link it to your
post.

There was my Haunted Books Store series at Halloween and
one I did on When In Boston by Jim Vrabel. They aren’t very
long, though.

Now I need to tag ten more folks:

Jasia

Terry

Thomas

Craig

Randy

Janice

footnoteMaven

Becky

Janet

Lidian

6 comments:

Lidian said...

Thank you for the tag! Mission accomplished - and am letting ten lucky genea-bloggers that they are next (should they choose to accept-)

maggie moran said...

I enjoyed reading some of your Haunted Bookstore Series. I need to head to my favorite haunt Square Books in Oxford, MS. :)

I used to tell my littlest patrons about the library ghost or boogeywoman,who walked the stacks pulling out romances. :D

Oh, I'm visiting from Lori...

footnoteMaven said...

Bill:

You asked for it, you got it. I just did it my way!

Ahh-Choo! I Think I've Caught Something.

fM

Janet Iles said...

Hi Bill
I have posted my reply to this meme.

Janet

Terry Thornton said...

I was tagged by Bill
So I listed some Hill
Country Books that thrill
Me over there.
I'm pulling my hair ---
I must be getting a chill.

Did the rhyming meme end already?
TERRY

Thomas MacEntee said...

yes sir! I will get right to this today as soon as I go through my emails and blog reader!!!