Pages

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

LOOKING FOR MY GRANDFATHER : PART1

I found my grandfather Edward Francis White’s Word War I draft registration
awhile back on Ancestry.com and from that learned he had been born on 3Jul 1899.
A search for a date of death turned up records on the Massachusetts Death Index
1970-2003 and the Social Security Death Index for an Edward F White, born on
3Jul 1899, died on 6Dec 1981.

I debated with myself which record I should order, then decided to go with the state
death certificate. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to learn his place of residence from it and
perhaps the name of his next of kin. Of course, there is always the possibility that
Edward was a nursing home resident which won’t be too helpful but nothing 
ventured, nothing gained, as they say.

While I’m waiting for the record to arrive, I’m going to put together a list of what I 
know about my grandfather and another list of what to check for more information.

2 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Bill, I found him on the NEHGS website. Mass VRs Volume 487, page 136, Births, Boston, July 3, 1899, Edward Francis White, male, white, 9 Liberty St., parents Edward and Pauline Offinger, residents of Boston, teamster, b. Boston, mother b. Cambridge. no further remarks. I figured you would like to know instead of waiting. Do you need parents birth records, too?

Bill West said...

Thanks, Heather. I have Pauline's DOB but if you can find the elders Edward's birthdate I'd be grateful!