Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN: THE BEST 2009 GENEALOGY MOMENT

I'm a day late for Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun
over at his Genea-Musings blog but better late than never! This
weeks assignment is a fun one:


"What was your best Genealogy Moment during 2009? This
could be a research find, a fabulous trip, a found family treasure,
etc. Your choice!"

This is an easy one for me: the trip up to Maine in August to attend
the Ellingwood Family Reunion in Norway, Me. I got to meet
Ellingwood cousins such as Bonnie Atkinson and Lori Grippo and I
survived my first foray at public speaking. I got to spend time with
my Aunt Dorothy and cousin Diana and Gary and my sister Cheryl.
We visited the gravesites of John Cutter West and Asa and Florilla
(Dunham) Ellingwood and I found the graves of James Dunham and
Sally(Houghton)Dunham.

Of course it wouldn't have been possible if not for Cheryl. We had fun,
including the scenic detour to Wells, Me!

All in all, a great time both family and genealogy terms.The highlight
of my 2009!

(You can read my posts about the trip in my "Son of Road Trip" posts)

No comments: