Pages

Sunday, September 08, 2013

THE BOOK OF ME WRITTEN BY YOU 2: MY BIRTH

Last week I decided to take part in a meme started by Julie Goucher of Anglers Rest.
Using prompts from "The Book of Me, Written By You" I'm leaving my memories of my
life for present and future relatives.
This week's prompt (which are answered in a different order).:
   Prompt 2: Your Birth
    Do you have any baby photos?
    Where were you born?
    Who was present at your birth?
    Dimensions?
    What day was it? Time?
    Did you have hair? Eye colours

  

I was born in Boston at the Massachussets Osteopath Hospital on 20Aug 1948. It was a Friday night, and I believe my mother told me it was nearly midnight when I was born. I don't know the exact measurements except that I was over 8 pounds at birth, and that I had blond hair and blue eyes. My Dad was at the hospital in the waiting room. One of the things my Mom saved were the telegrams that accompanied the flowers that were sent to her by my Dad and by her mother and brother:





I have a baby picture around here somewhere that I haven't scanned yet. But here's one
of me at about a year old, taken at Hough's Neck in Quincy, Ma.  One the left is our cousin
Margy(McCue)Boyd, on the right is my Mom(whose hair was red), and the chubby guy in the middle was me.

2 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Oh my goodness, you mom looks so young!
You were a cute kid. How nice to have the actual telegrams from your birth.

Thanks for sharing these.

my Heritage Happens said...

Love the photo of you and your mom! The telegrams are priceless for sure! Thanks for sharing!