Pages

Saturday, December 05, 2009

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN: DEAR GENEA-SANTA

It's Saturday Night, and time for another of Randy Seaver's Saturday
Night Genealogy Fun
challenges:


"Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission:
Impossible
music), is to write a nice letter to Genea-Santa Here
are the directions:


1) Write a letter to Genea-Santa and ask for only ONE thing. It
could be hardware, software, a missing family Bible, a record that
you desperately want, etc.


2) Tell Genea-Santa what a good genea-girl or genea-boy you've
been this past year and give examples.


3) Exhibit your letter on your own blog, in a Facebook post commenting
on this note, or in a Comment to this blog post.


So - go forth and write your letter!"

And here I go:

Dear Genea-Santa,
Well, it's that time of year again! I've tried to be a good genea-boy this
year and while I didn't do anything especially spectacular I think I did ok.
I hosted the Local Poem Genealogy Challenge and guest-hosted an
edition of the CoG. I found and shared some fascinating stories about my
colonial ancestors. And I shared information with some new distant cousins
who found me through my blog.

As for what I'd like, well, it's the same as every year: some way to break
down the brick wall that is my ancestor John Cutter West. I'm not greedy,
Santa. I'll take even the tiniest clue if I can work with it somehow to
find out exactly where John was born or who his parents were!

So how about it, Genea-Santa! Work with me here,will ya?

Yours in Gedcom

Bill

2 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

I'm with you, Bill - I think I'll just keep asking Santa for that same thing (breaking down my biggest brick wall) year after year until I get it. Let's hope.

my Heritage Happens said...

This may just be the year Bill!