Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2009

TRUE CONFESSIONS OF A GENEALOGY JUNKIE

It's Saturday night...well, Sunday morning now...and as is his usual
want, Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings has a Saturday Night
Fun prompt. This week he's posed us these ten questions about
our genealogy life:


1. When did you start genealogy research? Sometime in the 1970's
Aunt Dot sent us copies of the research she had already done. But
except for some futile attempts to locate the birth record of John
Cutter West I didn't get seriously into research until 2006.

2. Why did you start doing research? I was chatting online with my
friend Diana Probus who mentioned she was researching her own
family tree. She was the one who told me about the free Personal
Ancestry File program and about how much information was now
available online. I began looking for any John Cutter West information
and anything else available about other family members. I was hooked!


3. What was your first big success in research? Finding the Revolutionary
War Pension Request files on Footnote.com for first John Ames and
then nine other ancestors.


4. What is your biggest genealogy regret? Not interviewing my parents
and other relatives before they passed away.

5. What are you best known for in the genealogy world? This blog, if I'm
known at all in the genealogy world!

6. What is your professional status in genealogy? None. I'm an amateur!


7. What is your biggest genealogy achievement? Umm. This blog. and
I suppose the completion of the quest for "49 Genealogical Uses for a
Flutaphone" (grin)


8. What is the most FUN you've had doing genealogy? Discovering and
sharing information with the cousins I've met through this blog.

9. What is your favorite genealogy how-to book? Evidence! by Elizabeth
Shown Mills

10. What notable genealogist would you like to meet someday?
Anyone of my fellow genea-bloggers!

No comments: