Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

MEANWHILE, IN ANOTHER PART OF THE FOREST....ERR...FAMILY TREE

As part of my series about my ancestors involvement in the Indian wars
of New England, I'll be shifting over to the ancestors of my great great
grandmother Louisa Almata Richardson.Families included in this line
are:

Richardson
Laughton
Dow
Greenleaf
Buswell
McGraugh
Williamson
Campbell
Adams
Gray
Stimson(Stimpson)
Mackres (MacCrest)
Derby
Flagg
Swain(Swayn)
Gershom
Cox
Whitmarsh
Holbrook
Leffingwell
Taylor

So far the most prominent figure is Jeremiah Swain but there were a few others
with distinguished careers or who met tragic ends in the fighting. I'll be looking for
any instances where their paths might have crossed with the Willard, Sawyer,
and Houghton families. I've already discovered a link between the Stimsons
and the Upton family from my Barker line!

Sorry about the title of the post. It just sort of popped into my head and
made me laugh!

No comments: