Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

THE CALM AFTER THE STORM

Well, Christmas is over and calm settles upon the land.

Or at least a reasonable facsimile thereof. More like exhaustion?

I worked at the bookstore from 9 to 6 Christmas Eve and then
went to my sister’s house after a quick stop here at the hobbit
hole to pick up the gifts. The adults all got gift cards and my two
youngest nephews got radio controlled cars and a transformer
type toy each, but my two older nephews had so much fun
assembling them I might have to get them some too next year!


My sister and my brother in law Pete gave me a digital camera
and once I get the controls figured out there’ll be more pictures
here.



Dinner was the traditional lasagna, meatballs, and salad with
pastries for dessert and enough other munchies to fill us up and
make me sleepy. So I left at 10:30 for the drive home and
eventually found my way to bed.


Today…well… I think I was more tired than I thought. I slept
into the mid afternoon and woke with a stuffed up nose. There’s
been a cold going around at work, so I decided to just stay in
here today and relax. I have the next two days off from work as
well as part of my usual work schedule so hopefully by Friday
I’ll have licked this. I surfed the web a little to see what I might
buy with the gift cards I got as presents and then did a little
genealogy work, copying some files from my PAF5 file to the
Family Tree Legends file and doing some editing in the process.

Anyway, I hope everyone reading this has had a quiet, peaceful
and wonderful holiday!

No comments: