Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

MY ELLINGWOOD MAYFLOWER ANCESTRY

Back when I first started researching the family genealogy online I was
thrilled to discover we were descended from several Mayflower passengers.
At one point I even carried around a small folded up piece of paper
in my wallet with the lines of descent to show when discussing genealogy
with some customer at the bookstore. But I lost that some time ago, so I
thought I'd post them here for other family members.

The first two lines come down through my Ellingwood line from
Stephen Hopkins and Thomas Rogers.

Hopkins Line
Stephen Hopkins and..
Constance Hopkins & Nicholas Snow
Elizabeth Snow & Thomas Rogers
Eleazer Rogers & Ruhamah Willis
Experience Rogers & Stephen Totman
Deborah Totman & Moses Barrows Jr.
Asa Barrows & Content Benson
Rachel Barrows & John Ellingwood Jr
Asa F. Ellingwood & Florilla Dunham
Clara Ellingwood & Philip West
Floyd West Sr & Clara Barker
Floyd West Jr & Anne M White

Rogers Line
Thomas Rogers
Joseph Rogers & Hannah___
Thomas Rogers & Elizabeth Snow
Eleazer Rogers & Ruhamah Willis
Experience Rogers & Stephen Totman
Deborah Totman & Moses Barrows Jr.
Asa Barrows & Content Benson
Rachel Barrows & John Ellingwood Jr
Asa F. Ellingwood & Florilla Dunham
Clara Ellingwood & Philip West
Floyd West Sr & Clara Barker
Floyd West Jr & Anne M White

Chilton Line
Roger Chilton & ?
Isabella Chilton & Roger Chandler
Sarah Chandler & Moses Simmons
Moses Simmons Jr & Patience Barstow
Patience Simmons & George Barrows
Moses Barrows & Mary Carver
Deborah Totman & Moses Barrows Jr.
Asa Barrows & Content Benson
Rachel Barrows & John Ellingwood Jr
Asa F. Ellingwood & Florilla Dunham
Clara Ellingwood & Philip West
Floyd West Sr & Clara Barker
Floyd West Jr & Anne M White

10 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Hey, Bill! It looks like we are Chilton cousins, too!

Anonymous said...

We share Hopkins through Constance and Nicholas Snow. :)

Scott Jangro said...

Hello from another Hopkins cousin through Constance and Nicholas Snow.

Their son Stephen Snow (my line) married Susanna Rogers. I wonder if she's related to the Thomas Rogers who married Stephen's sister Elizabeth.

If so, that would give me a line to Passenger Thomas Rogers. Hmmm.

Bill West said...

Hi Scott, nice to meet another cousin.

A quick Google check seems to say that Susannah was the widow of a Joseph Rogers. Some of the sources
say her maiden name was Deane.

Scott Jangro said...

Thanks Bill.

I did the same search with the same results. Alas.

that would have been too easy a connection! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Hi Bill, Just curious on the relation between Asa and Benjamin T. Ellenwood? Benjamin is my 5th Great Grandfather and his son Samuel married Amelia Doty, who is a descendant of Edward Doty who was also on the mayflower.

Bill West said...

Hi Ryan!
Benjamin Tuck Ellenwood was Asa Ellingwood's granduncle. He was the son of Joseph Ellinwood and Abigail Lamson.

After Abigail died,Joseph married Sarah Herrick and one of their eleven children was John Ellingwood, Asa's grandfather. Benjamin is my 4x great granduncle.

So nice to meet you, cousin. I'll be glad to answer any questions and share information with you!

Unknown said...

Hey Bill,
Thanks for responding. I was wondering if you knew about this book and how I could get my hands on it? History of Ellenwood-Wharton, and 20 allied families, 1620-1968

Bill West said...

Ryan,
Yes, I'm familiar with the title although I've never seen a copy. I have
two other Ellingwood genealogies and was looking into buying that one but it's an out of print book and while available at Amazon and Alibris, the price for it is in the hundreds of dollars.

Unknown said...

Yes it is to expensive. I was hoping they would give a family discount. LOL. My Grandma got a copy for all her kids and she bought those copies for $10. Unfortunately most of the kids even my mom misplaced them. There is a cd with a copy of the book on it for sale but I want the real thing. My Aunt has a copy and she said she might give it to me, but I don't know if she will for sure.