Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

THE ANCESTORS' GENEAMEME

 
Geniaus has come up with a new geneameme, The Ancestors' Geneameme
and the instructions to fill in the information are as follow:

Things I have already done or found: bold face type
Things I would like to do or find: italicize (colour optional)
Things I haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type

 Can name my 16 great-great-grandparents (I'm missing the last name of
2x great grandfather Michael McFarland's wife Nora)
 Can name over 50 direct ancestors
 Have photographs or portraits of my 8 great-grandparents
 Have an ancestor who was married more than three times
 Have an ancestor who was a bigamist
 Met all four of my grandparents (Never met my Mom's father)
 Met one or more of my great-grandparents   
 Named a child after an ancestor 
 Bear an ancestor's given name/s 
 Have an ancestor from Great Britain or Ireland  (Many)
 Have an ancestor from Africa 
 Have an ancestor from Asia
 Have an ancestor from Continental Europe (Germany)
 Have an ancestor who was an agricultural labourer
 Have an ancestor who had large land holdings

 Have an ancestor who was a holy man - minister, priest, rabbi
 Have an ancestor who was a midwife
 Have an ancestor who was an author
 Have an ancestor with the surname Smith, Murphy or Jones
 Have an ancestor with the surname Wong, Kim, Suzuki or Ng
 Have an ancestor with a surname beginning with X 
 Have an ancestor with a forename beginnining with Z  (Zerviahs Holt & Abbott)
 Have an ancestor born on 25th December
 Have an ancestor born on New Year's Day
 Have blue blood in your family lines   

 Have a parent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
 Have a grandparent who was born in a country different from my country of birth
 Can trace a direct family line back to the eighteenth century
 Can trace a direct family line back to the seventeenth century or earlier 
 Have seen copies of the signatures of some of my great-grandparents

 Have ancestors who signed their marriage certificate with an X  
 Have a grandparent or earlier ancestor who went to university
 Have an ancestor who was convicted of a criminal offence
 Have an ancestor who was a victim of crime 
 Have shared an ancestor's story online or in a magazine
 Have published a family history online or in print
 Have visited an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries  
 Still have an ancestor's home from the 19th or earlier centuries in the family
 Have a  family bible from the 19th Century
 Have a pre-19th century family bible

Some of the things that I haven't done are simply things I can't do for
various reasons even if I wanted to do them, like meeting all four of
my grandparents.

Another interesting meme! Thanks, Geniaus!

1 comment:

GeniAus said...

Thanks, Bill,for your response to the meme.
Yes, it's sad that so many of us didn't get a chance to meet our grandparents.