Pages

Monday, July 04, 2011

THE 107TH CARNIVAL OF GENEALOGY: THE SEASONS OF GENEALOGY




                     

 Welcome to the 107th Carnival of Genealogy! The intriguing topic for this edition from Jasia is:

"the seasons of genealogy. Do you spend more time on genealogy research in the summer or in the winter, or maybe spring or fall? How does the amount of time you put into research and blogging differ from season to season? Or perhaps you'd like to think of things metaphorically... which season is your genealogy research in?"


 And as usual, there are some great responses. Let's get to them, shall we?



Julie Goucher, in her Carnival Of Genealogy 107 - The Seasons of My Genealogy Research posted at Anglers Rest, shares, "Reflections of my seasons of genealogy"

Charles Hansen's  The Seasons of Genealogy for the COG # 107 posted at Mikkel's Hus, say's, "I really only have two seasons, one I am very busy and do not do much research and the second when I have a lot of time to research."

Ruth Stephens presents The Seasons of My Genealogy Research posted at Ruth's Genealogy.She tells us that in Texas there are only two seasons
and shows the parallel with her genealogy seasons.

Tara Anderson wrote The Summer of My Genealogy posted at A Family Mystery Blog, saying, "Just a little bit about why I feel I am in the Summer of my genealogy research, even though I am definitely NOT on summer vacation!"

Frances Ellsworth presents COG 107 - The Seasons Of Genealogy: Not What I Thought I Would Be posted at Branching Out Through The Years, saying, "Thanks Bill for the stimulating topic. I had to contemplate what season's of genealogy meant to me. Must say metaphorically." ((Well, actually, Jasia was the one who thought up this great topic-Bill))

Shelley Bishop in her Genealogy in Bloom posted at A Sense of Family, tells us, "With summer (finally) here, I thought about how genealogy grows much like a flower garden--through seasons of development, each with its own beauty. I hope you enjoy it!"

Linda Gartz contributes Seasons of Genealogy posted at Family Archaeologist, saying, "Trace how my family history research has blossomed over the years as I view my discoveries as an arc through the seasons, blooming from the early crocus of first awareness through my immersion in a robust summer garden of family treasures."

Dorene Paul in Seasons of Genealogy posted at Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay, says that "it is always the season for genealogy."

Barbara Cagle presents Seasons of Genealogy posted at Cagle, saying, "As the Leaves Begin to Fall My Pen Furiously Writes in the Names on My Family Tree"

Ed Hamilton views Family History Through Seasoned Eyes at My Old Ohio Home - Articles, saying, "A good landscape artist knows that we never see the same scene in the same way. As the earth rotates on its axis and circles the sun, the light changes from day to day and from season to season. So it is with our family history: each time we visit a part of it we can see things differently."

Jasia adds her The Seasons of My Genealogy Research over at Creative Gene, She says: "I've covered all 4 seasons in my genealogy research. It's time for me to move on to the organizing/writing phase of my family history but I'm finding it hard to let go of the puzzle solving!"

Denise Levenick has The Seasons of Genealogy: Content to be Stuck in a Genealogy Groundhog Day posted at The Family Curator, saying, "Sometimes it feels like Eternal Early Spring with my genealogy research, and I don't think I want these wonder-filled "aha" moments to end."

Greta Koehl presents The Seasons of Genealogy: It’s Okay to Daydream posted at Greta's Genealogy Bog, saying, "I like the cooler seasons for research and research trips, but I seem to be stuck in summer mode in my research. And I don't function very well in the summer."

Jennifer Woods at Climbing My Family Tree One Branch At a Time says 
that her time devoted to research is influenced by two very important 
factors. She beautifully illustrates her point at Carnival of Genealogy: The Seasons of Genealogy

Randy Seaver says his motto is " "life is short - do genealogy first" 
these days.  Genealogy is fun for me, and I'm doing what I want to do 
in this stage of my life." Learn how he goes about it in his post  
The Seasons of my Genealogy Research over at his Genea-Musings blog!

And finally Bill West(aka me) talks about The Endless Summer of the Genealogical Mind. 

And that concludes the 107 edition of the Carnival of Genealogy. My thanks to 
all the contributors and to the inimitable footnote Maven for the great graphic.


Jasia will return to host the next Carnival and here's the call for submissions:


Call for Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy will be: Food! We haven't focused on food in the COG in quite a while so we're asking you to bring us your family recipes, stories of picnics, food fights, food allergies, favorite summertime foods you remember, and best of all, photos of family favorite foods. Let's make a great mouth-watering edition of the COG! The deadline for submissions will be August 1st. Bring your appetite!

Submit your blog article to the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy using our carnival submission form. Please use a descriptive phrase in the title of any articles you plan to submit and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in the "comment" box of the blog carnival submission form. This will give readers an idea of what you've written about and hopefully interest them in clicking on your link. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

6 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

Thanks so much for hosting this edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, Bill!

Jasia said...

Looks great, Bill! Thanks so much for hosting the COG!

Janet Iles said...

What wonderful, creative postings in this 107th COG! I enjoyed reading them. I discovered some new to me blogs.

Julie Goucher said...

Thanks for hosting the latest COG Bill. It looks a great round up and I plan to read a little later, as soon as I have caught up with the news and had dinner!

I already have some thoughts for COG 108!

Carol said...

Simply a great COG!! Congrats to the participants, thanks Bill for your work.

Jennifer said...

Great job hosting Bill! :)