Saturday, December 19, 2009


Well, it's late in the evening,
And I sit here and stare
Instead of researching
I surf here and there.

All day I've been working
To earn my daily bread.
So tired I'm shirking
All ambition has fled.

I got the geneablogger blues,
I'm as tired as can be
Lord I'm so tired.
I can't climb up my family tree!

((I'd write another few verses, but I'm too tired!))


Kathryn Doyle said...

LOL! Thanks for this - I needed a good laugh! (Hope you get a good night's sleep!)

Barbara Poole said...

Bill, I loved waking up to read your poem at 7:00 AM. Thanks a lot.

Janet Iles said...

Great poem Bill. I think we all suffer sometimes from the geneablogger blues but you express it so well.

I hope you got a good night's rest so that you can get rid of your blues.

GeneaDiva said...

I've had days just like that lately. Thanks for penning such a nice poem.

S. Lincecum said...

Love it!

Tonia said...

Love it! I'd had the geneablogger blues several times this week. : )

Becky Jamison said...

This is terrific. I jsut posted that last night on Facebook. I finally had a free evening to do genealogy but was too tired to even think about it. I love your poem. Thanks so much Bill!

M. Diane Rogers said...

Wow, Bill! Me, too!
Hope your today is full of genealogy instead of just 'work'.

CMPointer said...

I loved it, Bill! I haven't been able to do any researching or blogging because my Christmas "To Do" list rivals Santa's list. Oh well, here's to a new year full of many genealogical finds!


Bill West said...

Glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks for the kind words!

Leah Kleylein said...

Great Poem!! It's like you read my mind!

Karen Packard Rhodes said...

My geneablogger blues was exacerbated (I get one $50 word per posting) by five days at Disney World! I'm still recovering!

Happy New Year, cuz, and I hope you can keep the geneablogger blues at bay! (Massachusetts Bay, that is).