Pages

Friday, September 20, 2019

SOME NEW GERMAN FAMILY DISCOVERIES PT5

I now knew that my 3x great grandfather Christian Luick's  parents were Christian Luick and Justina Beringer and that his wife's name was Christiane Ruppmilk. Searching the records at the FamilySearch website yielded more information:

- I found the birth record for my 3x ggf Christian and found that Justina's middle name was Dorothea.

-Using that I found Justina's birth and baptism records in the Germany Births and Baptisms, 1558-1898. Both took place at Evangelisch, Neckarwestheim, Neckarkreis, Wuerttemberg and her parents name were Jacob Friederich Beringer and Maria Elisabeth Franck.  She was born on 4 Nov 1797 and baptized on 5 Nov 1797.

-I found the marriage of Christian to Christiane Ruppmilk in the Germany Marriages, 1558-1929 collection. It took place on 12 Jan 1845 at Evangelisch, Neckarwestheim, Neckarkreis, Wuerttemberg and it says she was born on 25 Jul 1819. Her full name was Christiane Catharine Ruppmich and her parents were Johannes Ruppmich and Christina Barbara Krehwisch.

Now, I had mixed luck extending the lines back further. I haven't had been able to go further back on the Luicks and Offingers yet. The Beringers and Ruppmilk/Ruppmilch lines and associated families seem to go back as far as the 17th century and in one case to the 16th century but I am proceeding cautiously,  trying to analyze  the records I've found. This is all new to me, a foreign country with records I can't easily access. So this will be a slow process.

Still, I now know more about my German ancestry than I ever did before.

No comments: