Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

SOME NEW GERMAN FAMILY DISCOVERIES PT4

Continuing my discussion about my recent new discoveries of my Mom's German ancestors.
I didn't get very far with the line of Mom's paternal grandfather Offinger line and unfortunately the same was true about her paternal grandmother's Luick relatives. But I did have a bit more sucess with the ancestors of one of her German great-grandmothers.

I already knew Joanna Luick's parents were Christian and  Christiana Luick. Using that information I did a search at FamilySearch Records and found a big surprise: it appears Joanna was not the only member of her family to make their way to Massachusetts.

-First I found a death record for 71 year old Christian Luick in Cambridge, Ma on  6May 1891 from apoplexy. He was born in Germany to a Christian Luick and Justina Peringer(beringer?). The entry number is 484:





"Massachusetts Deaths, 1841-1915," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-68L3-SMN?cc=1463156&wc=MJCK-RM9%3A1043014601 : 22 May 2019), 0961504 (004224896) > image 107 of 559; State Archives, Boston.

-I also found death records from the city of Boston for two men in Boston who may be Joanna's brothers. The first was Carl Luick, who died on 8Aug 1875 of pthisis (tuberculosis). He was 48 years old,  born in Germany and his parents were Christian and Christiana. The other brother was Ernst Luick who died of a gunshot in Boston at age 49. He was born in Germany to parents Christian Luick and Christina Ruppermilk.

Now with that information I started searching the FamilySearch German records.

To be continued...

No comments: