Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

ON MY (VIRTUAL) BOOKSHELF

I've mentioned the two Ellingwood genealogy books I own and the digital
edition of The Upton Memorial. I thought I'd share the other books I use in
my research. There are some printed books here on my bookshelves, mostly
history books, but because of space and financial limitations most of the
books on my ancestral history are digital editions here on my laptop.
These include:

George A Gordon & Silas Coburn
Genealogy of the Descendants Edward Colburn/Coburn
(Courier-Citiizen Company Press Lowell, Ma.1913)

Rev. Abiel Abbot & Rev.Ephraim Abbot
Genealogical Register of the Descendants of George Abbot of Andover,
George Abbot of Rowley, etc.

(James Munroe and Company, Boston, 1847)

Isaac Watson Dunham
Dunham Genealogy: Deacon John Dunham of Plymouth, Massachusetts
1589-1660 and His Descendants

(Bulletin Print, Norwich Conn 1907)

Enders Robinson
Genealogy of the Barker Family of Andover Massachusetts  
(University of Tulsa, Tulsa Oklahoma  1987)

John Adams Vinton
The Upton Memorial
(E.Upton & Sons, Bath, Me. 1874)

John W Houghton
The Houghton Genealogy: The Descendants of Ralph And John Houghton
of Lancaster, Massachusetts

(Frederick H Hitchcock Genealogical Publisher  New York 1912)

William Prescott
The Prescott Memorial: or a Genealogical Memoir of the Prescott family in
America

(Henry W Dutton & Son, Boston 1870)

I also have some histories of towns my ancestors lived in and nearly all the volumes
of Records & Files of the Quarterly Courts of Essex County, Massachusetts.
So far I've used all these books mainly to flesh out the information I have
for my direct ancestors. Eventually, when I rfinish with the two Ellingwood books
I'll choose one of these digital books to start filling in the blanks for my collateral
lines. But I realize I need to analyze and double check each bit of information before
I add it to my tree, especially from the older books where some of it is more

family lore than fact.


I'll be listing the printed books next.

No comments: