Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2020

TRAVELS WITH CHERYL 1: THE PEPPERELL COVERED BRIDGE

 

My sister Cheryl and I have a plan to photograph covered bridges and lighthouses as a way to get out and about during these Covid-19 days. We wear our masks and social distance from others, and because of travel restrictions we are limited to just Massachusetts at the moment. But it's a few hours out of her house and my apartment and we enjoy each other's company.

 We visited our first (and only) covered bridge so far in early November. It's located about 60 miles northwest of here in Pepperell,Massachusetts and crosses the Nashua River..It was built in 1845 nd is still in use today. It was past peak foliage season when we visited but it was a fairly nice day and a pleasant ride. We got some good pictures, too.

One covered bridge down!








 

1 comment:

jade said...

Looks like a nice rustic bridge, Bill! I recently moved to Massachusetts and will have to check this one out sometime. My grandpa's ancestors are from VT and NH so he had lots of books about covered bridges. Definitely on my list of things to see once it's safe to travel around New England again.