Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

FLYBOYS 2019: AN UPDATE




I first posted this picture of an Air Corps training squad at Ames,Iowa back in 2008.My Dad is in the back row but he washed out because of ear pressure problems.I was fascinated by the names of the other trainees and wondered what had become of them, and if they had families who might want a copy of the photo. So I've reposted it several times over the years in the hopes it could help me contact the families.

This year I reposted it for Veterans Day and it piqued the curiosity of blog reader John Stanley who did some research and sent me an email with quitea bit of information on the men in the photo.
Over the next few days I will use  what John found to see if I can get in touch with their survivors.

And it turns out that John and I share connections with four of our ancestors and that he lived in the sane town where my Aunt Flossie and Uncle Herbie lived.

Thank you John for your great work!

I'll post another update after I follow up on this.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Handler said...

This is very cool! Here's to genealogy blogging!