Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2018 WEEK 7: MOSES BARROWS JR. OF PLYMPTON, MA.

My 5x great grandfather Moses Barrows Jr is a mystery and a source of aggravation to me.
First, I haven't found a record of his birth yet. I've searched the online birth records for Plympton, Ma. and the surrounding towns:Carver, Kingston, Rochester, and Hanson. It's possible he was born in Plymouth but those records aren't online. The various genealogy and family history books online do not have a birthdate either.

Secondly, there is a theory that there was Moses Jr is the gransdson of Moses Sr, not the son; this seems to have started with genealogist  Lucien Robinson who puts another Moses Barrows between the other two. But there is no record of the birth of that third Moses.

At any rate, my 5th grandfather Moses Barrows Jr. married Deborah Totman on 29 Dec 1748 at Plympton, Ma. I've found that record. However, no such luck with some of their childrens' births:
Asa Barrow b   28 Jul 1751 at Plymouth, Ma. (my 4x great grandfather)
Moses 
Carver
Ansel
Malachi
Mary
I've got a lot of work to do with this family group!
  

No comments: