Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

BLOGIVERSARY: NOW WE ARE ELEVEN!

Eleven years ago today I posted my first story on West In New England. As I've said on previous blogiversaries, it was during my genealogy research online that  I found geneablogs written by Randy Seaver, Chris Dunham, and Tim Abbott, who as it turns out, are all my distant cousins.The thought struck me that if they could blog so could I and that if I had a geneablog of my own it might help distant cousins find me. Boy,  wast hat right! It's worked beyond my expectations as "cousin bait".

A few stats: This is post 2343. I've had 886,530 pageviews (most of which were likely by webcrawler bots) and  I have 280 followers. So I've regained 3 of the followers I lost last year!

These were my All Time Top Ten Posts on this day last year:


And this is the list as of today:


Some changes this past year. I have no idea why the post on Malden and the two on Varanes Libbey got so many hits.

I still haven't run out of things or people to write about, so I guess I'll keep on blogging!

And as always, a big thank you to those who read my blog and to those who leave comments.


3 comments:

Elizabeth Handler said...

Happy blogiversary Bill!

Donna Hansen Peterson said...

Congrats Bill well done!

Unknown said...

Very interesting bill. Thank you for your insight on the barrows family. One of my grandfathers name was david byron barrows, who had willard truman barrows, who had frank barrows my grandfather, who had frank e. Barrows my father. Thanks again cousin