Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2018 WEEK 4: ROBERT BARROWS OF PLYMOUTH, MA.

7x great grandfather Robert Barrows interests me because of the women he married. I'll explain why
after this entry about him from another of William Richard Cutter's genealogy books:

(II) Robert Barrows, son of John Barrows, was born about 1640. He married, at Plymouth, Ruth ___, and (second) Lydia Dunham. Children by first wife: John, born 1667; George, mentioned below; Samuel, 1672; Mehitable. Children by second wife: Elisha, 1686; Robert, 1689; Thankful, 1692; Elisha, 1695; Thomas, 1697; Lydia, 1699.-p223

New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of Commonwealths and the Founding of a Nation, Volume 4  Lewis historical publishing Company, N.Y., N.Y, 1914




Robert's first wife was Lydia Bonum/Bonham, daughter of George Bonum and Sarah Morton. George refers to Robert as his son in law in some land sale records. For many years as a bookseller I sold a childrens' book Sarah Morton's Day, never realizing it was about my 8x great grandmother.

Robert's second wife, Lydia Dunham, was my 7x great grandaunt by way of her parents. John and
Dorothy Dunham who were my 8x great grandparents.

I've found land sale records and Robert's probate file which I will post here after I've transcribed them.

No comments: