Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

A DIFFERENT VIEW

I've written before about this photo of our Mom & Dad on their wedding day in 1947. They're standing
outside a building in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston, looking so serious on such a happy occasion.
My theory about it is that they'd already had some photos taken and just wanted to get on with the reception or their honeymoon. I wish I'd asked them what their wedding day was like.

 
Then last week when we were out at Ohio at my Aunt Dorothy's birthday party there was a table with a
display of old family photos, and I saw this picture:

Look at those smiles! They look much happier and more relaxed than in the first picture.

It's a bit overexposed, and it's a picture of a picture, but I think it's a better photo of my parents!

2 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

It's amazing that after all these years, you are finally seeing this second photo. So glad you noticed it. And yes, they are much happier.

Anna Matthews said...

That is a great find and definitely a better picture.