Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CSI: BMD

Fellow geneablogger and Facebook friend Susan Petersen posted a
link tonight over on Facebook that got my attention. It led to this on
the Ancestry.com blog:

CBS Show to Air Genealogy Episode on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Posted by Nick Cifuentes on December 14, 2011 in Social Media


The Las Vegas crime lab is called into to process a victim where you 

would least expect.

When a man is found mysteriously murdered in the home of one of their 

own, the Las Vegas crime lab scrambles to solve the case. When the 
victim turns out to be a genealogist, the case will reveal a dark family secret.

Meanwhile, Greg Sanders’ (Eric Szmanda) interest in his own family

history is renewed when he interviews a renowned genealogist, Donna 
Hope (Pamela Reed), accurately tracks Greg’s family name to some
well known historical figures.



Hmm. My first thought was "Well at least we know they'll be wearing gloves."

My second was "Somebody must have angered The Gedfather"

My third was: "Genealogy must now really be mainstream when it figures
into the plot of a tv crime drama."

I'll be watching tonight anywayh because I'm a CSI fan but I'll be
interested in seeing if they know their sources and citations as well
as they know their femurs from their ulnas.

I'll let you know what I think after the show.

3 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

I'm watching too! Set it to record the other day, just in case I get distracted. Don't want to miss this one - just for fun!

Susan Petersen said...

I really think this is the first time I've seen genealogy as a plot device in a Tv show. They did a good job with the dedication and portrayal of genealogists.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to crime shows, I just can't watch them - both figuratively (too gory for me) and literally (I don't have any American television channels here).

So I'll be watching for your review of it. ;)