Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

WORD VERIFICATION DICTIONARY 9

Once again, definitions for the strange words that we type for
word verification for comments on Blogspot.com blogs. This is a special
"I'm Jealous of All Geneabloggers Who Made it to Jamboree!" edition,
brought to you by the Acme Genealogy Answers Company:

denfu- A secret martial art used by dentists on their patients.

scrump-a very grouchy Southern Californian

hicalize-to hiccup. "Sid was embarrassed by how loudly he hicalized in the library"

cludd-the dirt and dust you discover when you finish clearing the clutter
off your desk, which of course leads to the scream "Holy Cludd!" Named
for the God of Clutter.

punfu-The secret verbal art I just used. Known only to myself and distant
cousin Chris Dunham.

5 comments:

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

I LOVE it! My word to type for this comment is "acusno". My definition: I cuss no more.

Karen Packard Rhodes said...

Oh, Bill, you must gather all these and publish a book! Wonderful!

BTW, you do have another distant cousin who is a practitioner of punfu -- after all, the name of my blog is a pun!

Diana Ritchie said...

Ah thank you so much! I've been missing these. And I agree with Karen - you should gather them all together.

Anonymous said...

I have a dear friend who is a "punfu", I look forward to her daily posts on fb for her latest "punisms"

Lori E said...

Oh these are good Bill. Glad you pointed this out to me. I just shake my head sometimes but it is of no "CONSEKN" (my word verification here)