Pages

Saturday, May 08, 2010

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN: MATRILINEAL LINES

It's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun time over at Randy Seaver's Genea-
Musings blog, and this one has to do with our matrilineal lines:

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to 
the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial 
DNA was passed to you!

2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, 
which Haplogroup you are in.

3) Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this 
blog post, or in a Note or status line on Facebook."

Unfortunately, I can only go back to my great grandmother on my
Mom's side of the family:
Anne M. White(7Jul 1927-28Jul 1999)m Floyd E West Jr
Agnes D. McFarland(11Oct 1898-12Feb 1957)m Edward F White Sr
Anne Kelley(Kelly?) (1Oct1859-15Feb 1945)m John McFarland

I haven't had any genetic tests done. I can't afford the cost!

Now just as an exercise, I can go back a long ways in my Dad's
matrilineal line:
Cora Berthella Barker(27Oct1899-Jun 1987)m, Floyd E.West Sr
Lotte Lovenia Barker(3Aug 1879-3Jan 1944)m Frank W.Barker
Betsy Jane Moore(16Aug 1842-12Mar 1844)m.Amos Hastings Barker
Harriet M. Upton(28Mar 1814-?)m. Cyrus Moore
Sarah (Sally)Bancroft(8Jul 1783-?)m. Francis Upton
Mary Walton(7Mar 1749-?)m. John Bancroft 3rd
Eunice Hawkes (1727-?)m Jacob Walton
Margery Whitford/Lightfoot(12Feb 1691-21Apr il 1758)m John Hawkes
Elizabeth Swasey(?-?) m John Whitford/Lightfoot

Someday I hope to find out more information about great grandmother
Anne Kelley McFarland and extend the family line back to Ireland!

1 comment:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I think searching for an Ann(e) Kell(e)y from that time period is just as hard or harder than searching for a Mary Smith! I wish you the same good luck with your Kelly line that I just had on mine!!! (A cousin found me and handed me the line back another generation)