Pages

Saturday, May 03, 2008

IN TOUCH WITH MY INNER THWENG

I was buying my lunch at the cafe at work today and was in
a good...alright, silly...mood when I reached the cashier. Now
it's routine for the cashier to ask for the customer's first name
so they can let them know when their order is ready, but they
already knwo mine so they never ask.

As I said, I was in a silly mood..so after I placed my order, I
added "And my name is Marmaduke Thweng."

The cashier laughed

I added "I come from a long line of Thwengs!" (alright, just
one.)

And that cracked her up.

Nothing like an possible ancestor with a unique name for a
few laughs at work.

And of course, as we all know, it don't mean a thing if you
ain't got that Thweng!

4 comments:

Janice said...

Good Thweng Marmaduke is not a wanted man.

(grin) loved the post

Janice

Terry Thornton said...

So, you claim a possible kinship to the Baron Marmaduke Thweng who died in 1322? How interesting. I'd bet this gives you loads of Thwengs to talk about. LOL!
TERRY

footnoteMaven said...

You are a hoot Mr. Thweng!

Obviously having lunch with you could be a real fine dining experience.

fM

melbee said...

Hello Mr. Thweng!
This made me laugh. This is Michele. I just got my grandmothers book and I am from Joesph H. Ellingwood.