Pages

Friday, March 18, 2022

THE BAPTISM OF AGNES MCFARLAND

 The Americanancestors.org website has been adding the Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 for awhile now and I had had no luck finding any of my family in them. But I wouald check back periodically, and finally, a few weeks ago, my luck changed. I found the image of Page 100 from Blessed Sacrament (Jamaica Plain) Baptisms, 1892-1903,and at the very bottom of the page was the entry for my maternal grandmother, Agnes McFarland.

 




Massachusetta:Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2019 (From records supplied by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston).
Page     100



My grandmother was baptized on 10/16/1898. The names of her parents and witnesses are given in a mix of English and Latin:



Father Joannes, John McFarland
!
Mother Ann Kelly

Witness1 Hugh Clark

Witness2 Maria, Mary Flynn


I also found the record for her younger sister Margaret. It was a big family so there are more that I can look for!

No comments: