Pages

Wednesday, February 03, 2021

ONCE MORE INTO THE GENE POOL

 Ancestry.com is out with new Ethnicity Estimates and once again mine shows changes. 

 


This time the pie chart shows three larger segments and two smaller. They break down like this:

 

 

 


 

At one point I had four smaller segments but the ones for Spain and Norway have vanished.  I admit that  only two percent for Germanic Europe puzzles me since my Mom had German grandparents. But The large segments for English, Scots and Irish ancestry jives with the paper trail for my family history.
What's new is the additional classifications of my New England settler ancestors:

 

 

 


Again, the locales match up with what I know about my family and the documents I have found over the years.

While the Ethnicity Estimates are always interesting, I don't take them as the final word and view them as a helpful tool




No comments: