Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

52 ANCESTORS IN 52 WEEKS 2018 WEEK 34:THE BRIGGS LINES

Elizabeth (Briggs)Benson was my 6x great grandmother and through her I am connected to three families of early settlers of Plymouth and Cape Cod.

Her grandfather was immigrant ancesor John Briggs and her father was Samuel Briggs.

Through her mother Elizabeth Ellis she was descended from immigrant ancestors John Ellis and Edmond Freeman.

I haven't much information on them. Most of what I know about the Ellis family comes from a copy of an article from The Mayflower Descendant written by Robert Griffith. ( the copy was sent to me by I believe Martin Slovik; I've lost the email it was attached to several hard drives ago.)

I've found the most out about Edmond Freeman, including a reference to s land purchase with a most unusual clause.

I'll blog about what I've learned about these lines but I'm afraid the posts will be brief in a few cases.

No comments: