Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE CARNIVAL OF IRISH HERITAGE AND CULTURE NEEDS YOU!

If you are a geneablogger of Irish descent, or non-Irish descent for that matter, have
you ever visited Ireland? Or have you ever just thought of taking a "dream vacation"
in Ireland? If the answer to either question is yes, that the Carnival of Irish Heritage
and Culture needs you!

The topic of the 14th edition of the Carnival focuses on those real or dream vacations.
The deadline for entries was July 26th and so far there's been only one post submitted.
Now I KNOW there's a lot of talented geneabloggers out there and I'm a bit gobsmacked
that I was the only one who sent a post.(and in the interest of full disclosure I sent it in late.)

So please help Colleen Degnan Johnson who's hosting this month's IHC. Post your real or
imagined Irish vacation to your blog and then send the link to Colleen or to the
Carnival submissions link.


As an aside, I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed there's fewer new blogposts lately
from the blogs I follow. I don't know if it's folks being caught up in enjoying summer, or
busy with research, or with social networking. I'm hoping that it's a temporary thing
and it'll pick up again.

5 comments:

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

I've noticed that too, Bill (about there being fewer blog posts). Frankly, I'm kind of glad because I'm soooo far behind in reading the blogs I enjoy that I could really use the time to catch up!

(Will try to post for the Carnival tonight!)

Susi's Quarter said...

HI, I posted on my web page and still can not figure how besides posting in comment section to post to her page. http://susischattyperformances.blogspot.com/

So it is here. Blessings Susi

Bill West said...

Thank you both!
Susi, I forwarded the link on to Colleen,

Susi's Quarter said...

Thanks Bill and enjoy vacation if I do not speak back in next few days. Senior family member is not feeling well, later to see Dr. today. Blessings

Claudia said...

I think the hot weather leaves everyone sluggish and cranky. My main thoughts are how to stay cool.

I also have not been doing to much posting myself, even if I am researching the Irish.