Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

FINAL TALLY FOR THE GENEA-BLOGGER GAMES

Category: "Write, Write, Write!" -completed. all five
events.

A. "Write a summary of what your blog is about and post
it on your blog." Check!

B. "Participate in a genealogy or family history related blog
carnival."
Check! And I've put it in pre-publish status to be posted on
Sunday Aug 25 at 1pm to partially comply to

C. "Prepare several posts in draft mode (if possible with your
blog platform) and pre-publish." Check. Although I had to
reschedule the first prescheduled post when I realized I'd
goofed in setting the date and time.


D. Write a brief biographical sketch of one of my ancestors.
Check. Posted a brief biography of Amos Hastings.

E. Volunteer to host a future blog carnival.
Check. I emailed both Tim and Lisa and I'm taking a turn
on hosting the Carnival of Irish History and Culture in
late October or early November.,


Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!
Completed 4.

A. Comment on a new (to you) genea-blog. Check. Although
Debra Sandstrom Fleming doesn't have a comments
application, I emailed her with my thoughts on her post on
The Ancestry Detective, "When Genealogy Gets Ugly."

B. Join another genea-blogger’s blog network on Facebook
Blog Networks.
Check. Joined the Crowes Nest, Ancestry Detective, Ancestor
Search and GeneaNet Genealogy Blog networks.

C. Invite other genealogists to join Facebook.
Check. I extended the invitation to Debra in my email.
I really like her writing and I'm hoping she'll join a Carnival
as well.

D. Assist another researcher with a research request or
lookup.
See AnceStories "Random Acts of Kindness Week"
posts for
ideas for this..."

Check. I shared the Barker Family photos with three
Barker cousins which comes under the "sharing data" label
I think of Miriam's list. Maybe. I hope.

So, my final tally is a platinum medal for "Write Write
Write"
and a Diamond Medal for "Reach Out and Perform
Genealogical Acts
of Kindness."

1 comment:

Moultrie Creek said...

Bill, congratulations on your medals! We need to get together to see if we have any Barkers in common. I haven't traced my Barkers back beyond Georgia in the early 1800s.