Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

THE FOURTH ANNUAL GREAT GENEALOGY POETRY CHALLENGE

It's time to start thinking about the Fourth Annual Great Genealogy Poetry Challenge!
In past years I've issued the Challenge in mid-October but I decided to do it a
bit earlier this year to give folks an extra two weeks to find a poem to use in
their blogposts.

These are the rules:


1. Find a poem by a local poet, famous or obscure, from the region
one of your ancestors lived in. It can be about an historical event, a
legend, a person, or even about some place (like a river)or a local
animal. It can even be a poem you or one of your ancestors have written!
Or if you prefer, post the lyrics of a song or a link to a video
of someone performing the song.


2. Post the poem or song to your blog (remembering to cite the source
where you found it.)

3.Tell us how the subject of the poem or song relates to your ancestor's
home or life.

4.Submit your post's link here to me by midnight Sunday November 18th 
and I'll publish all links to the entries on Thanksgiving Day, November 22nd!

If  you submit a humorous poem or song that will be entered under the
"Willy Puckerbrush" division. Willy was the late geneablogger Terry
Thornton's alias for some humorous posts and comments.

There have been some great blogposts in previous years and I'm hoping the
extra two weeks will make it easier for more folks to participate.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this year!

4 comments:

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

I just posted my poetry blog story at http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2012/10/poems-by-my-grandmother.html I look forward to this every year, Bill! Thanks for hosting the challenge!

Pam Carter said...

Here is my poem. This is a fun challenge. Thanks for hosting. http://mymaineancestry.blogspot.com/2012/10/on-ledge-by-lucy-larcom.html

Debbie said...

I posted a poem I wrote for my father's funeral card on my blog today. I am not sure it counts, but here is the link: http://mmgenealogy.blogspot.com/2012/10/funeral-card-friday-dad.html

BeNotForgot said...

Good morning, cousin Bill . . . the poem I finally decided on talks about the Great Boston Fire . . . which occurred on this date in 1872 . . . thanks again for hosting this challenge . . . 'tis definitely fun to research for this one . . .