Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

HASKELLS AND HARDYS AND REITHS, OH MY!

I'm going to explore my 6x great grandmother Sarah (Tuck) Ellingwood's maternal ancestors soon.
Through her mother Sara Reith they include some interesting families: Reith, Haskell. Hardy,and
Griggs. I've already written a bit about the Haskells here in the past, but hadn't done much work
on the others. There were a few surprises for me, like a prosperous shipowner in one family and
a new connection to the Salem Witch Trials in another. And there are blank spaces I haven't been
able to fill in yet.

Here's a relationship chart for Sarah Reith and her grandfather Richard Reith that shows how she
connects with these other families:

Hopefully I'll be able to fill in the blanks for several other ancestors along the way!

No comments: