Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

DEAR GENEA-SANTA 2014



Dear Genea-Santa,
Well, it's that time of year again. I'm not going to ask for too much this year,
so the list is short. I'd like :

-More online probate files, specifically from Essex and Suffolk. Ma for myself, and all the other counties for those researching their colonial Massachusetts ancestors.

-And more online county court case files. I've found so many great stories about my Essex
County ancestors, I bet there are some more in the Middlesex, Plymouth, and Worcester
county files.

 -Lastly, I hate to nag, Genea-Santa, but I'm still waiting on that document or hint or clue
that will get me past that John Cutter West brickwall. I'm getting older, Santa, time is
running out (hopefully not to quickly) and I'd really like to solve this mystery.

Other than that, I have no complaints this year. Those Middlesex County Probate files
over on the AmericanAncestors.org  website were a great surprise, and so were the
Worcester County Probate files on FamilySearch.

Merry Genea-Christmas!

Yours,
Bill

((Written for the Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings))

2 comments:

Randy Seaver said...

Bill,

Essex County Probate File Papers, 1638-1881 are also on AmericanAncestors.org.

Have you looked on FamilySearch for probate papers in the County where your John Cutter West was born or lived?

Land records too...but you'll have to search through many West names to find anything that might mention your JCW.

Cheers -- Genea-Santa Randy

Bill West said...

Boy, Genea-Santa works FAST!
Already going through the Essex County Probate file! Thanks for the heads up, Randy!