Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A REMINDER ABOUT THE THIRD AMERICAN CIVIL WAR CHALLENGE DEADLINE.

Just a reminder, there's only a week left to the deadline for submissions
to the Third American Civil War Challenge.
  
This is how you can participate:



Did you have ancestors in America during the Civil War? If so, where were they
and what were their circumstances? How did the Civil War affect them and
their family? Did the men enlist and did they perish in battle or die of illness?
On which side did they fight, or did you have relatives fighting on BOTH sides?
How did the women left at home cope, or did any of them find ways to help
the war effort? Were your ancestors living as slaves on Southern plantations
and if so when were they freed?  Or were they freemen of color who enlisted
to fight?

If your ancestors had not emigrated to America as yet, what was their life
like around the time of the Civil War?

The 150 year celebration of the Civil War is a great source for those of us
blogging about our family history. So, let's do a little research over the coming
weeks between now and April 30th . Find out the answers to the questions
I asked and write about them. Or if you think of another topic to do with your
family history and the Civil War, write about that. Send me the link when you
publish it on your blog, and on May 6th I'll publish all the links here.

I'm looking forward to some interesting blogposts!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I will try to finish my research in time for the 30th. I did have several family members that participated in the Civil War. I will need to review and see what I come up with. thank you for the challenge.

LindaRe said...

Here is my link to my contribution to the challenge.

http://betweenthegateposts.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-body-of-cavalrymen-coming-up-road.html

Bill West said...

Thanks LindaRe!

Unknown said...

Better late than never!! Here's mine:
http://callingallcousins-cshultz.blogspot.com/2013/05/third-american-civil-war-challenge-i.html

Thanks for inspiring me to write on my blog!!!

Caroline

Bill West said...

Thanks, Caroline!