Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

WHERE THERE'S A WILL

I had another lucky break in late 2012 that I haven't had the chance to blog
about yet. In November FamilySearch posted a new file, the Maine, Oxford
County, Probate Estate Files, 1805-1915.
My Dad was from Oxford County and
many of my ancestors lived there, so I was hoping to find some of their wills
among the images.  I did better than I thought I would. Even though I didn't
find any images for my  direct West ancestors I found them for other families.
I'll be posting the transcriptions  here along with whatever observations
and thoughts occur to me in the process.

I found images for the following:

5x great grandfather John Ames, d. 1833
great grandfather Frank W, Barker, d.1905
4x great grandfather Moses Coburn, d.1848
4x great grandfather John Ellingwood, d.1847
5x great grandfather Samuel Haskell, d.1825
5x great grandfather Amos Hastings, d. 1794
3x great grandfather Cyrus Moore, d. 1846
2x great granduncle Asa A West, d.1909
2x great granduncle Hiram F West, d. 1914

That should keep me in blogging material for a bit!

No comments: