Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A NOTE OF THE ASA ELLINGWOOD CIVIL WAR PENSION FILE

I've come to a point in my transcription of 2x great grandfather Asa F
Ellingwood's pension file where I'm trying to decide whether or not I
want to post the entire transcription of the April 1884 hearing. A lot
of it is repetitious with witnesses answering the same questions from
F. E. Lawton. I'm going to finish transcribing them and make them available
in full to family members while I'll post a summary of the testimony here.

But there are some other parts of the file that I will post and I hope to be
finished with that by the end of July, well before the Ellingwood Family
Reunion in August.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

The Pension files can be an eye opener. I found out that Robert Stephens was married with four children and he left and took up with another woman and had four more. He never divorced the first woman.

But it was the same thing with each application for pension, same questions and same answers.