Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2011

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN: MY BEST GENEALOGY RESEARCH

I'm a day late for Randy Seaver's "Saturday Night Genealogy Fun" 
challenge. Here's the topic for this week:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1)  Decide which of your (many?) genealogy research adventures
was your "very best" (your definition). 

2)  Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to 
this blog post, or in a Status report or comment on Facebook. 


I've had a pretty good year this year researching my family but I think
the best bit was what I found on my mother's maternal grandparents
Charles Offinger and Johanna Luick. I owe James Tanner of
Genealogy's Star a debt of gratitude because it was one of his
posts that prompted me to go to FamilySearch Record Search and
what I found there led to more discovery over at Ancestry.com.
You can read what I found at this blogpost. 

Despite the successes I've had this past year, I'm well aware that
there are more records and resources out there besides what I've
found online.I'm determined to start making  use of them in 2011
to further my research.

No comments: