Pages

Thursday, November 04, 2010

THE 99TH EDITION OF THE CARNIVAL OF GENEALOGY IS UP!

And I missed the deadline for posting for it! Arrgh! I've been so wrapped
up in researching my collateral line relatives lately my blogging has
been suffering. Anyway, the theme for the 99th CoG was religious rites
and there's a bunch of interesting  responses to it.

The next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is its 100th and Jasia
has a special request:

"Call for Submissions! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am asking
all who have participated in past editions of the COG to participate in the 
100th edition. It's a FAMILY REUNION! There will not be the usual
cap of 30 submissions for this edition. Instead there will be a floor of 100!
I will not attempt to write comments nor choose a featured author this 
time around. I'm asking all of you to help me out here and make my 
dream come true. I would like to have 100 or more submissions from 
my friends, my COG family members, for this 100th edition. It's a tall 
order, yes. It hasn't been done before and therein lies the challenge. 
Can it be done? Only your time and efforts will determine that. I know 
there are many more than 100 authors who have participated in the 
previous 99 editions of the COG. I need at least 100 of you to step 
up and write a blog post to submit to the COG to make my day, 
my week, my month, and my blogging career. I don't know how
many past participants are reading this edition so I'm hoping you'll 
help me get the word out. Please share this info on FaceBook, Twitter, 
GeneaBloggers, Second Life, your own blogs, mainstream media, the 
4 major TV networks, genealogy conferences, and wherever past 
COG participants may gather!

And the topic for the 100th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is... 

"There's one in every family!" Bring your stories of colorful 
characters, unique heirlooms, mouth-watering recipes, most dearly 
beloved pets, whatever! Interpret as you like. Every family has 
"special" individuals, you know, the ones with a green thumb, the
black sheep, the lone wolf, the blue-ribbon cook, the story-teller, 
the geek! I know you have treasured recipes and amazing heirlooms 
you've yet to share! Tell us about them and become a part of history 
in the 100th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy! The deadline for 
submissions is December 1st.

Submit your blog article to the 100th edition of the Carnival 

of Genealogy using our carnival submission form. Please use
a descriptive phrase in the title of any articles you plan to submit 
and/or write a brief description/introduction to your articles in 
the "comment" box of the blog carnival submission form. This 
will give readers an idea of what you've written about and 
hopefully interest them in clicking on your link. Past posts and 
future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page."

Alright, I'm in! Let's hit that 100!

No comments: