Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

SATURDAY NIGHT GENEALOGY FUN: DID YOU ADVANCE TODAY?

It's Saturday and time for another Saturday Night Genealogy Fun
challenge from Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings:


"Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Answer the question: How did I advance my genealogy research
today? [Or, this past week? Or this past month?]


2) Answer the question: How did I advance my genealogy education 
today? [Or past week? or past month?]


3) Share your answers on your own blog post, on a comment to
this post, or on a Facebook status or comment on this note on 
Facebook."

Well, this is an easy one, and it's thanks to Randy himself! His post about
using the "Selected U.S. Federal Census Non-Population Schedules, 
1850-1880" over at Ancestry.com advanced my genealogy education and
prompted me to check them out for myself earlier this week.

And THAT advanced my genealogy research when I found documents
on my West, Barker, Coburn and Dunham ancestors up in Oxford
County, Maine!

So thanks Randy for a very educational post,and for another Saturday
Night Genealogy Fun Challenge!

No comments: