Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

NOTHING VENTURED.....THE ANSWER

Last week I wrote a blogpost concerning my contacting the City of
Boston Archives to find out if they had any records on my two maternal
great grandfathers who had been city employees early in the last century.

I received a reply this morning from a member of that department:

"We do not have individual personnel files for former city employees.
We do have "Lists of City Employees", circa 1888-1960. The lists
include name, address, position, compensation, date appointed and
date first employed by the city. The City of Boston Archives is open
to the public Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by appointment.
The charge for photocopying is $0.50 per copy.
"

So now I know there is a list I can search, how much a copy will cost,
and where in Boston the City Archives are located, which is at:

City of Boston Archives

201 Rivermoor Street
West Roxbury, MA 02132


And I know more than I did before!

No comments: