Pages

Saturday, April 04, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNT DOROTHY!

Today is the birthday of the lady most responsible for getting me started in
genealogy, my Aunt Dorothy. Because of the family charts and pedigrees
she sent us years ago I had a good foundation with which to start my own
research.

And awhile back, she gave me a handwritten memoir of growing up in Maine
with my Dad doing the Depression that had things I had never heard
before about him. (You can read it here.)

So Happy Birthday, Aunt Dot and here's to many more of them! I'm
looking forward to another visit where we can talk about the family
tree again!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to your Aunt Dorothy!

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

It only takes one very enthusiastic person with a love of family history to spark a little flame and get another person equally interested in family history. Happy Birthday Aunt Dot! What a nice tribute to her as well!