Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2009

BLOGGING BRUNCH 20

I've been gathering material for the next post on Jeremiah Swain and finding it
under several variations of his name. Besides Swain, there's Swaine, Swayne, Sweyn,
and Sweyne! A lot of it is repetitive but I'm finding copies of correspondence by him,
to him and about him which are fascinating and should give me enough for as much as
four or five blog posts.

One of the unexpected benefits of all this googling was that I found a copy of the will
of another ancestor, Francis Kendall (B.1612(?) -d9May 1708, Woburn, Ma.) that Jeremiah
witnessed!

I know that what I've found on the internet is only the tip of the iceberg but until I either
win the lottery or am declared the long lost rightful heir of some noble house, most of my
research will be online. Retirement is years away and one of my days off is Sunday when
libraries and archives are closed. But I will try to get out more now that the weather is better.

On another subject, I notice the blog is getting hits from folks searching the web for specific
family names that I share. If any of you have questions I can help you with, please don't
hesitate to contact me and I'll gladly share any information I have that is relevant to your
search!

No comments: