Pages

Monday, April 07, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNT DOROTHY!

Yikes! I make it a habit to check my Family Tree Legends
birthday and anniversaries list to see which relative’s
birthdays are coming each month. This is a good way to keep
track of the ancestors, but since I deliberately left living
relatives off that program, it’s not a very good method of
remembering the birthdays of my present day relatives.

And so, I managed to make a blog entry noting Asa Freeman
Ellingwood’s 180th birthday but missed congratulating my
Aunt Dorothy on her birthday which she shares with Asa.(Of
course, she’s considerably younger than Asa!) Without her
earlier research and help I’d never have gotten into genealogy
and obviously I wouldn’t be writing this blog, so I owe her a
great deal of thanks for inspiring me and for the hours of
enjoyment I’ve had climbing up our family tree.

Happy Birthday, Aunt Dot, and many more to come!

No comments: