Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving. I did! It was a
quieter day than past years because it was an all adult gathering
at my sister and brother-in law’s house. Lots of good food, and I
have a pan of leftovers in my refrigerator to prove it. It was a
nice day all in all.

I checked for online news stories on Thanksgiving and genealogy
and found some interesting ones here, and here, and here. Some
of the interviewed people made some very good comments about
how enjoyable their genealogy research is and how its given them
a greater appreciation for their family’s history.


For myself, I’m thankful for my family, present and past, the
Mayflower passengers and the Irish immigrants, the Minutemen
and the veterans of World War II and Iraq. I’m thankful to live
in this country because whatever issues we may disagree on, we
all still havethe right to express our views and beliefs.

It’s a great country.


And lastly, I’m thankful for the help and encouragement I’ve been
given by other members of the genealogy community.

2 comments:

Lori Thornton said...

Those are some great stories. Thanks for sharing the links!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

No pilgrims for me but the stories were all interesting. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!