Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WAITING ON THE SANDMAN

I mentioned last week that I’d discovered some information
concerning my Abbot(t) ancestors and Acadians in Andover
Massachusetts but that I wanted to obtain permission from
the person whose website I’d found it on before I used any
of their research.


I’ve since received Lucie LeBlanc Consentino’s gracious
permission to quote from her website and originally intended
to write a post on the subject but time and events have delayed
it. Sunday I went to see Blue Man Group with my sister Cheryl,
my brother Phil and his son PJ, A good time was had by all and
I didn’t get much serious thinking done afterwards.



I’d thought I would be able to work on it and have it done by
Monday and then realized I hadn’t written anything for the
Carnival of Genealogy yet, so I did that first. And tonight, I’m
too tired from work to write in such a way as to do the subject
justice. So it will have to wait until tomorrow night


My thanks to Lucie and my apologies for the delay.



Also, my congratulations to Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings and
Jasia of Creative Gene on being quoted in an article in Family
Tree Magazine about the decline of memberships in genealogical
societies. One of the perks of working in a bookstore: I read the
genealogy magazines at my lunch hour. I have a few thoughts on
it but I’ll wait on that also for an earlier hour of the night before
posting them as well as a few about the impact of the Family
Search announcements of the past few days.


But right now sleep sounds really nice.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm an Abbott descendant also.

George & Hannah (Chandler) Abbott > John & Sarah (Barker) Abbott > Stephen & Sarah (Stevens) Abbott > George & Sarah (Abbott) Abbott > Ezra & Jane (Jackman) Abbott > Anner Abbott who m. Samuel Runnells > Almira Runnels who m Moses Edwin Long > Minnie Almira Long who m. Charles Albert Kilborn > Mattie Almira Kilborn who m. Clarence Leroy Webster [my grandparents]

Janice